Saturday, March 21, 2009

Old West Goes Modern

It seems ironic, maybe even sad, that cowboys have to learn how to blog these days. But I guess it's just another way to share some of the Old West with folks who haven't had enough fresh air lately. So that I don't spend too much time indoors myself, I'll keep these entries short. Mostly, I want to pass along what sort of "magic" we've been enjoying here that the Ranch. Just the other night, one of our guests played the piano while one of our wranglers (a guide for our horseback rides) picked along on the guitar. We sang everything from "Night Rider's Lament" to "Cowgirls Don't Cry." Made me contemplate how many folks have enjoyed a similar evening since the Ranch opened in 1926. That piano could sure tell some stories...it's been here since the beginning. I haven't been around that long, but I plan to tell my share of stories anyway. I hope you enjoy and maybe you'll get inspired to come and make some of your own magic here. In case you're curious, find us at www.kayelbar.com Websites and blogs for cowboys...what's next!?

No comments:

Post a Comment